Recipe by Yemenia
Delicious and easy to make. No oven needed! I got this recipe from a different website, but changed the directions a bit. The recipe calls for roasted peanuts, but mine weren't and it still came out great.
Top Review by Bayhill
Delicious! This recipe is very quick and easy to make, and has a taste that is like a combination of honey roasted peanuts and peanut brittle. I used roasted Spanish peanuts as they were the only ones that I could find with a skin on them. My family loved these nuts and I will definitely be making them again. Thank you for sharing this wonderful, quick and easy recipe.
- 2 cups roasted peanuts (skin on)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the sugar and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Bring the honey, water and oil to boil in a saucepan.
- Add the peanuts to the honey mixture.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes stirring frequently.
- When the liquid is practically gone, add the sugar and salt and continue stirring on low heat until sugar has turned reddish-brown approximately 5 more minutes. You will recognize the honey roasted peanut look.
- Take off heat and spread in one layer on a cookie sheet or foil until it cools. Break into pieces and store in an airtight container.