1/1 Photo of Velvety Yellow Pepper Soup
Deliciously smooth soup with a lot of depth. The herb bundle and vermouth really make this special.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large yellow peppers, stemmed, seeded, and cut in large chunks
- 2 large leeks (white part only)
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, plus extra for seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 medium russet potatoes (about 1 pound)
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon dry white vermouth
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat.
- 2Add the peppers, leek, garlic, salt and turmeric, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables begin to soften, about 10 minutes.
- 3Tie the parsley, thyme, and bay leaf together with kitchen twine.
- 4Add the potato, water, and herb bundle and bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer, uncovered, until the potato is very tender, about 20 minutes.
- 5Discard the herb bundle.
- 6Puree the soup in small batches in a blender (keep the lid cracked to allow steam to escape), or in the pot with an immersion blender, until smooth.
- 7Return to the pot and reheat.
- 8Stir in the vermouth, and season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Velvety Yellow Pepper Soup
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 110.6
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1177.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dry white vermouth