1/1 Photo of Velvety Vegetable Cheese Soup
tree luee dee's Note:
OMG - I made this tonight and I haven't tasted a soup this good in a long, long time. I had some Velveeta cheese left over, and saw this recipe in my recent Kraft Food and Family magazine. This is also so incredibly easy. Try it....trust me....you will LOVE it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli carrots cauliflower mix
- 2 (14 ounce) cans reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth (I used regular broth)
- 12 ounces Velveeta cheese, pasteurized prepared cheese product cut up
- 1Place vegetables and broth in large saucepan; cover. Bring to boil on medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minute or until vegetables are tender.
- 2The recipe said to mash the vegetables with a potato masher to desired consistency. However, I put all the vegetables and a little broth in a blender and blended it until the vegetables were pureed. (This was incredible this way!).
- 3Stir in Velveeta; cook 5 minute or until Velveeta is melted and soup is heated through, stirring frequently.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Velvety Vegetable Cheese Soup
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.6
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 44.8 mg
- Sodium 839.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 9.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen broccoli carrots cauliflower mix
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth