Found on an English Grandma's Kitchen recipe card. To make a rich mocha pudding, add 1-1 1/2 tsp instant coffee powder to sugar mixture before adding milk.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the sugar, cocoa and cornflour/cornmeal in a saucepan and whisk in the milk.
- 2Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until the mixture boils.
- 3Boil for 1 minute, still stirring constantly. Then remove pan from heat.
- 4Beat the egg in a small bowl and whisk about 125ml/4fl oz of the hot milk mixture into the egg. Then whisk the egg mixture into the rest of the hot milk.
- 5Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring mixture constantly.
- 6Remove from the heat anf stir in the vanilla essence and butter.
- 7Pudding is now ready to be poured into (4 individual) serving dishes and placed in fridge to chill. Decorate with fruit slices.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Velvety Smooth Rich Chocolate Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 320.0
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 69.5 mg
- Sodium 97.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 37.5 g
- Protein 7.5 g