Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are a favorite. Gets nice and smooth.
- 5 lbs yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 12 ounces fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups light sour cream
- 8 ounces light cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped with greens
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Boil potato chunks salted water in a large pot until tender (about 15 minutes); drain.
- Return hot drained potatoes to pot. Add 3 tbsp butter, milk, sour cream, cream cheese and cheddar cheese and mash all together.
- Add green onions, parsley, paprika, salt and pepper and continue to mash well until smooth.
- **If you are short on time, skip the baking.**.
- Pour into lightly greased/sprayed 13" x 9" baking dish. Evenly pour the 2 tbsp melted butter over top.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until butter on top just starts to brown slightly.
These were very good. A nice side to grilled pork chops tonight. I did have to use the "short on time" method as we didn't get to start dinner until after 7pm. I had never used evaporated milk to whip potatoes, but it worked out very nicely. Thanks for sharing. Nick's Mom