Recipe by Suzie
Just a little concoction from my kitchen to yours. My DD, SIL and I enjoyed my homemade ice-tea-making endeavor today and thought it worthy of posting. DD loved it. Because it didn't taste bitter, and as luck would have it I seemed to balance the ingredients, it really tasted smooth. If you try it...I hope you will enjoy it, too.
- 6 tea bags, green
- 6 teaspoons instant tea, crystals
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups boiling water
- 6 cups cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place tea bags and two cups of boiling water in a two quart glass container; cover and steep for 15 minutes.
- Remove tea bags; add 3/4 cup of sugar (more or less to your taste); stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add 6 cups of cold water, the instant tea, and lemon juice in that order.
- Stir; chill at least an hour before serving.