Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A recipe from the Al Dente, Inc. pasta package. This was easy and delicious.
Make and share this Velvety Pasta With Chicken and Mushrooms recipe from Food.com.
- 12 ounces al dente pasta
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken thighs, cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, slivered
- In a large skillet, saute chicken, mushrooms and onion in oil until chicken is done, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
- Add sherry to skillet, then broth and cream cheese.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and stir until cheese melts.
- In the meantime, cook pasta and drain.
- Return chicken mixture to the skillet.
- Add sun dried tomatoes and cooked pasta to the skillet.
- Garnishes (optional): pine nuts, parsley.