Recipe by grandma2969
have not tried this yet.but I bet you could use reduced fat ice cream for this...Edy's Slow Churned is wonderful...does NOT taste calorie restricted
- 3 ounces sweetened coconut
- 2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups boiling water
- 6 ounces lime gelatin
- 6 ounces frozen limeade concentrate
- 3 pints vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 drops green food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- spread 1/2 cup of coconut on baking sheet -- toast in a preheated 375* oven for 5 minutes or till light golden.set aside.
- combine remaining coconut, vanilla wafer crumbs, butter and sugar.press into a 11x7" baking pan.
- bake at 375* for 6-7 minutes.cool --
- dissolve gelatin in boiling water, add limeade concentrate, slightly thawed, ice cream, salt and food coloring -- stirring till smooth --
- pour into crust and sprinkle with toasted coconut --
- cover tightly and freeze.
- let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving --
- cut into squares and serve.