Recipe by bigbadbrenda
I found this is a Chatelaine book and was suprised how easy they were. This will also make a nice hostess gift if you can keep them long enough. Time does not inlude the cooling time
- 8 ounces of finely chopped semisweet chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon rum (optional) or 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Put chopped chocolate in a large bowl.
- Pour cream in a sausepan and put on med high heat and bring to a boil.
- Pour over chocolate. Add vanilla and extract.
- Stir until chocolate is melted and mixed well. Pour into a small bowl .
- Refrigerate uncovered until firm and cool at least 2 hours more if you are able.
- Line a tray with parchment paper ,take about 1 tablespoon of mixtue and roll into balls.
- Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Place cocoa into a small bowl and roll cooled balls in the powder 1 at a time.
- Refrigerate in airtight container, will keep for one week.