Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
from chatelaine magazine.
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped (3 squares)
- 1⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk or 1 cup homogenized milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch ground cardamom (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons icing sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange peel, grated
- In a saucepan,whisk 1/4 cup icing sugar with cocoa and flour.Slowly whisk in 1/4 cup milk until evenly mixed,then gradually whisk in remaining milk. Place over medium heat.Bring to a boil,stirring constantly,4 minutes. Remove from heat.Stir in chocolate,vanilla and cardamom. Stir constantly until chocolate is completely melted and smooth,1 minute.
- Spoon into 2 small glasses,dessert dishes or coffee cups. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 3 hours,preferably overnight, or up to 3 days. Just before serving cream and 2 teaspoon icing sugar in a small bowl. Using electric mixer,beat on high until soft peaks form when beaters are lifted. Stir in peel. Dollop over cold chocolate.