Velvety Chocolate Custard
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In a saucepan over low heat, cook milk and chocolate chips, stirring constantly until chocolate is melted; set aside to cool slightly.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt; gradually stir in the chocolate mixture.
- Pour mixture evenly into 6 custard cups or ramekins (2/3 cup/150 ml).
- Place custard cups in a 13x9 inch baking pan set on oven rack; pour in hot water until it reaches halfway up the cups.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until custard is set and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Remove cups to a wire rack to cool.
- Invert onto serving dishes and garnish as desired (or you can serve them in the cups).