Top Review by MizzNezz
Well, move over Ktaft!! I made these caramels so quick, and it was so easy. I didn't change a thing in the recipe. These are a LOT better than any you can buy. They're softer, and have a great caramel taste. Thanks for a winner, Charlotte!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 lb brown sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add sugar and salt, stirring until well blended.
- Stir in syrup.
- Gradually add milk, stirring constantly.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until candy reaches firm ball stage (245 degrees), 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Pour into buttered 9x9x2-inch pan.
- Cool, and cut into Squares.