Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Okay, so it's a rice pudding, but so delicious! The round, plump risotto grain makes for a lovely texture and the flavour of real vanilla is pretty hard to beat.
- 600 ml milk
- 450 ml double cream
- 75 g golden caster sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- 100 g risotto rice
- 20 g butter
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees centigrade.
- Place the milk, cream and sugar in a pan.
- Split the vanilla pod and scrape the seeds into the pan, add the pod, then bring to the boil.
- Remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, place the rice in a 1.
- 75 Ltr pie dish.
- Remove and discard the pod then pour the hot cream mixture over the rice.
- Dot the top with butter and bake for 1.
- 5-2 hours, stirring occasionally, until thick and creamy.
- Serve warm or chilled.
- A little extra drizzling of chilled pouring cream is really nice.