1/2 Photos of Velvet Smooth Cream of Potato Soup
1 hr 5 mins
This soup is easy to prepare as well as comforting. This is not a thick soup; but smooth and velvety with much flavor and very satisfying. A great soup recipe for the cold winter!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in large saucepan or dutch oven and saute the celery, onion and carrots until tender, about 20 minutes, add salt and pepper to taste.
- 2Add potatoes and parsley, toss until coated.
- 3Add broth, bring to a slow boil and cook until potatoes are soft.
- 4Remove from stove.
- 5Reserve 1/3 of the chopped veggies; puree remaining soup (broth and veggies) in a food processor or blender.
- 6Pour puree back into original pot, along with the reserved chopped veggies.
- 7Stir and add heavy cream,heating through- DO NOT BOIL.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Velvet Smooth Cream of Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 341.3
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 74.7 mg
- Sodium 964.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 7.2 g