Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This soup is easy to prepare as well as comforting. This is not a thick soup; but smooth and velvety with much flavor and very satisfying. A great soup recipe for the cold winter!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 stalk celery, sliced plus leaves
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 5 carrots, sliced
- 4 medium white potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in large saucepan or dutch oven and saute the celery, onion and carrots until tender, about 20 minutes, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add potatoes and parsley, toss until coated.
- Add broth, bring to a slow boil and cook until potatoes are soft.
- Remove from stove.
- Reserve 1/3 of the chopped veggies; puree remaining soup (broth and veggies) in a food processor or blender.
- Pour puree back into original pot, along with the reserved chopped veggies.
- Stir and add heavy cream,heating through- DO NOT BOIL.
i added a lg. clove garlic,only one lg. carrot(more and you would have tasted only carrot) used milk instead of cream, add liquid with caution as there is too much liquid, also used 1 medium onion
Velvet-smooth it is! Loved the the texture. This a comforting, tummy-warming soup. I made it just as written, but added a little garlic and garnished with green onions. I will make this again for sure. Thanx for a great soup recipe.
This is the perfect potato soup. Lovely texture and delicious flavor. Thank you for sharing such a nice recipe. Will definitely make this again and again!