Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Don't be fooled! This cocktail may be sweet and pink, but it's far from innocent.
- 10 ounces frozen sweetened strawberries
- 1⁄2 cup cream of coconut
- 6 ounces rum
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 375 ml sparkling white wine
- Place berries, cream of coconut, rum, and lime juice in a blender or food processor, and blend well.
- Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Divide mixture among 6 tulip glasses.
- Fill glasses with sparkling wine.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery--this is a strong drink!
This is a lovely and delicious drink! I cut it down to 2 servings, using a split of champagne this made enough for 2 flutes with a little topper. I used unsweetend strawberries and it was just the perfect blend of sweet from the coconut and tartness from the lime juice and wine, I think that sweetened berries would be too sweet. Even though the strawberries dominate you taste all the flavors, yum! The only change I might make is using coconut rum and making more! Made for My Three Chefs - Coconut Creamy Dreamy Summer 2012