Recipe by GrandmaIsCooking
This is one of my adopted recipes. I have only changed it to allow the option of different gelatin flavors. I changed the title, which originally was "Lime Velvet Salad", to reflect this change. Cooking time is chill time.
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime gelatin (or flavor of your choice)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cut in chunks
- 2⁄3 cup pineapple, crushed, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup nuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 2 -3 lettuce leaves (optional)
- cherries (for garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Add chunks of cream cheese. Using mixer, beat at medium speed until well blended.
- Chill until slightly congealed.
- Add pineapple, celery and nuts.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Pour in 3 cup mold and let set.
- Turn out on lettuce leaves and garnish with cherries if desired.