This is one of my adopted recipes. I have only changed it to allow the option of different gelatin flavors. I changed the title, which originally was "Lime Velvet Salad", to reflect this change. Cooking time is chill time.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Add chunks of cream cheese. Using mixer, beat at medium speed until well blended.
- Chill until slightly congealed.
- Add pineapple, celery and nuts.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Pour in 3 cup mold and let set.
- Turn out on lettuce leaves and garnish with cherries if desired.