Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I don't even know where I got this recipe. It tastes wonderful on vanilla ice cream and is very easy to make. If you are concerned about using corn syrup this recipe works equally well using honey as a substitute.
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml water
- 473.18 ml chocolate chips (milk or semi-sweet)
- 29.58 ml butter
- 118.29 ml light corn syrup
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- In a 2-quart pan over low heat, combine sugar and water and cook until sugar is dissolved.
- Add chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in corn syrup.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Serve over ice cream.
- Store tightly covered in refrigerator.
Easy and wonderful over coffee caramel swirled ice cream! Yum, what a treat I had tonight! Thanks! Made for Newest Zaar Tag.
An excellent choclate sauce! I halved the amount and used it on profiteroles - it tasted great!
Excellent sauce!!! I was making an Eclair cake for PAC and it called for chocolate sauce, so I used this as the sauce for the cake and it was perfect and I liked it for being a thicker sauce then say Hershey's!! I only made 1/2 of the recipe and really could have made 1/4 of it. It is very sweet, so next time I would use 1/2 the amount of sugar, but otherwise, I wouldn't change a thing. Thanks for sharing and will be making this again. Made for Potluck Tag.