Recipe by LARavenscroft
I don't even know where I got this recipe. It tastes wonderful on vanilla ice cream and is very easy to make. If you are concerned about using corn syrup this recipe works equally well using honey as a substitute.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 cups chocolate chips (milk or semi-sweet)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 2-quart pan over low heat, combine sugar and water and cook until sugar is dissolved.
- Add chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in corn syrup.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Serve over ice cream.
- Store tightly covered in refrigerator.