Courtesy of Stephanie Alexander, simple and delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 -600 g skinless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 1 liter water
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, extra
- 100 g sliced almonds
- 2 teaspoons ginger, flinely sliced
- 2 bunches Broccolini, blanched
- 1To coat the chicken lightly whisk the egg white in a large bowl but do not let it go frothy. Whisk in the other coating ingredients. Add the chicken strips and mix well and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2Bring the water and 1 tbsp of oil to the boil in a wok. Add the chicken and keep stirring to separate the strips until the chicken pieces turn white, which should take less than a minute. Remove chicken and put into a colander and shake off liquid.
- 3Heat half the extra oil in the pan and fry the flaked almonds until golden. Scoop onto paper towels.
- 4Wipe out the wok. Heat remaining oil, sear the ginger and then quickly toss the chicken pieces for about a minute. Add the blanched broccolini for a few seconds and then serve with almonds scattered over.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Velvet Chicken With Fried Almonds and Broccolini
Serving Size: 1 (425 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 390.0
- Calories from Fat 229
- Total Fat 25.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 80.0 mg
- Sodium 457.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 32.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: