Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A taste bud-tastic smooth soup that is so easy to make! The cream is optional, but adds to the velvet texture of the finished soup. But without it it is pretty much fat free!
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 large onion
- 1 carrot
- 2 pints good quality chicken stock
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- cream (optional)
- Peel, de-seed and chop the squash into half inch chucks.
- Peel and roughly chop the onion.
- Peel and roughly chop the carrot.
- Put all the ingredients (except the cream) in a large saucepan.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer until the squash and carrots are soft.
- Add cream to taste.
- Serve! It really is that easy.