Recipe by Maiden77
Another from Kraft. I havent tried it myself (honestly don't like the taste of velveeta) but I know a lot of folks, and kids, do so I want to share and save it. I would thaw the frozen corn and potatoes first if you are using a glass/pyrex casserole dish.. or allow it to heat through in the skillet before transfering. I have had bad luck with the frozen stuff shattering my glassware in the oven (and making an unpleasant mess)
- 1 lb ground beef (or other ground meat)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 cups frozen cubed souther-style hash browns
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
- 1⁄2 lb Velveeta cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350.
- Brown meat with peppers and onions in a large skillet; drain. Return to skillet.
- Stir in taco mix and water. Add potatoes, corn and velveeta; mix well. Spoon into 9x13-inch baking dish; cover.
- Bake 20 minutes; stir. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes or until heated through.