Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick and light dinner that my family loves.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 cup whole wheat macaroni
- 8 ounces 2% milk Velveeta reduced fat cheese product
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 ounce light tortilla chips, crushed
- Pre-heat oven to 400. Brown the ground beef and mix in the taco seasoning as directed on the package. Cook the macaroni as directed on the box. Add macaroni to the ground beef in the skillet, then add the milk and the Velveeta cheese torn into pieces. Still constantly until the Velveeta melts.
- In a small casserole dish sprayed with non-stick spray layer half of the pasta and beef mixture and 1/2 cup of shredded cheese. Repeat for a second layer. Cover and bake for 15 minute.
- Remove the cover and add 1 cup salsa, the tortilla chips and the last 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese. Bake uncovered for 5 minute.
This was a really good casserole and simple to make. I used chipotle salsa on top which gave it a nice smokey flavor.
This was a great recipe. I used rice in place of the pasta and it worked out great. Thanks!
This was a simple and delicious recipe. The only thing we added was Fat Free sour cream, and 100 calorie pack of guacamole. So delicious!! Thank you!