Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is simple and very good! The potatoes are best when cooked and completely chilled before slicing and using in this recipe, so if possible make the potatoes a day ahead, cover and refrigerate overnight.
Top Review by Kalija
These are great! I used a can of evaporated milk cause I didn't have cream on hand. There are only three of us so we had a lot leftover - they were even better heated up the next day for lunch. Will make these as often -next time I think I will try light velveeta to cut down on fat.
- 4 large russet potatoes, peeled and halved
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 226.79 g package Velveeta cheese, diced
- seasoning salt (or use white salt, seasoned salt is best!)
- black pepper
- 236.59 ml whipping cream
- grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the potato halves in boiling salted water until just firm tender.
- Let cool to room temperature then chill until completely cold.
- When potatoes are cold slice about 1/3-inch thick (or a little larger).
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch casserole dish.
- Layer half of the chilled sliced potatoes in the bottom of the buttered dish, sprinkle with salt and pepper on top.
- Then sprinkle with half of the onion, then half of the Velveeta cheese.
- Repeat the layers.
- Drizzle with the whiping cream, then sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for about 50 minutes.