Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found on bakespace.com. My husband loves Velveeta so I might make this for him one night this week.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 7 cups tortilla chips
- 1⁄2 lb Velveeta cheese, pasteurized prepared cheese product cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄4 cup sliced black olives
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- Brown the meat then drain afterwards.
- Arrange the chips on a microwaveable platter;
- Top evenly with Velveeta.
- Microwave on high for 2 minute or until Velveeta is melted.
- Add the meat along with the other remaining ingredients.
These are simple nachos, yes, but Velveeta is too overly cheesy. I made these for dinner for my boyfriend and myself because I still had half a block of the stuff from something else I made, and we both agreed that the cheese just ruined dinner. So make sure you love the uber cheesiness that is Velveeta.
We really enjoyed these simple nachos. Thanks for sharing a quick and easy treat. Made for Spring PAC 2014.
Great tasting nachos and easy to make! I left out the black olives because I didn't have any. The cheese melted perfectly over the tortilla chips in the microwave. It's a good recipe to satisfy a nacho craving. Thanks!