Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My mother made this when we were young and did not have a lot of money. You can alter this recipe to be more healthy (i.e. ground turkey, light velveeta, whole wheat pasta, etc).
- 1 (8 ounce) package Velveeta cheese
- 1 lb hamburger
- 8 ounces macaroni noodles
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 dash salt & pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- Boil noodles as package directs. Brown hamburger meat with onion and bell pepper. Drain. Add tomatoes and pasta. Sprinkle with oregano, salt and pepper. Layer casserole dish with meat mixture, noodles and cheese. Bake at 350 degrees until cheese melts.
This was a good basic goulash that we enjoyed. I doubled the amount of noodles (I used ziti) and instead of a 2nd can of tomato paste I used a can of tomato sauce ... Good recipe! Made for Fall PAC '08