Recipe USA's Note:
Delicious! A good company dish. Everyone always seems to enjoy this dish and I usually get asked for the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup bell pepper
- 1/2 cup oleo or 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 2 (12 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (12 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (12 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 (16 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 lb thin spaghetti
- 1/2 lb Velveeta cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1 (12 ounce) can black pitted olives
- 1In a large skillet or cooking pot, saute bell pepper and onion in oleo (or olive oil if you prefer).
- 2Add 1 can of chicken broth and chicken. Simmer until tender. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces as it's cooking. Use 3 cups of chicken. (I've used packaged chicken tenderloins, as well as pre-cooked chicken from the deli. Whatever is convenient. It's all good.).
- 3Add all soups and Ro-tel tomatoes. Stir well. Simmer for about 15 minutes until chicken is done.
- 4Cook the spaghetti in boiling water or chicken broth until just slightly cooked "al dente" - you don't want to over-cook it because it will be cooking more in the oven. Drain, rinse, and set aside until you are ready to mix with chicken/sauce ingredients in baking dish for the oven.
- 5In a large baking dish or oven-proof pot, place the cooked and cut up chicken, cooked spaghetti, salt and pepper, cheese, and soup mixture.
- 6Depending on how creamy you like this dish, you may want to add extra chicken broth before you bake. (I always do).
- 7Stir very well to mix all ingredients evenly. I usually stir once after about 15 minutes in the oven - after the cheese has had time to melt. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
- 8You can add canned or fresh mushrooms if you like.
- 9Also, for a nice touch - (looks pretty for guests) you can add one can of black olives, sprinkled over the top of the casserole. (optional).(I slice them to make them go further).
- 10Please note that if you want to cut the fat from your diet, this tastes equally good with fat-free soups and the "lite" velveeta. You can also leave out the olive oil or oleo and spray the pan with pam and add extra fat-free chicken broth.
- 11A good company dish. Everyone always seems to enjoy this dish and I usually get asked for the recipe. Also, children seem to especially like this dish.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Velveeta Chicken Spaghetti
Serving Size: 1 (385 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 522.6
- Calories from Fat 235
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 52.1 mg
- Sodium 1646.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 27.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: