Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Don't use the thinner spaghetti and cook a minute or two less if you usually like your pasta al dente! Oh my goodness... A fellow RN brought this to work once. I have been asking her for TWO YEARS for the recipe and have searched and searched the internet. Finally she emailed it to me! This one dish meal is so freaking good!!!!! Don't be afraid of the ingredients , just try it! Your family will probably fight over the leftovers!
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 lb chicken, deboned, boiled and cut up
- 1 lb spaghetti, cooked according to package al dente
- 10 ounces Rotel Tomatoes
- 10 1⁄2 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 3 7⁄8 ounces black olives, drained diced
- 4 ounces mushrooms, drained sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degreees.
- Cook spaghetti as directed on package, minus a minute or two if you like your pasta firmer.
- Melt butter in large deep pan, and saute onions and celery.
- Add chicken, cheese, cooked spaghetti, mushroom soup, black olives, rotel tomatoes, garlic powder and mix well.
- Transfer to a casserole dish and bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes.
Yum! Although I made a couple of adjustments, it came out amazing! I'm picky and do not like "chunky" stuff. So I omitted the veggies, added a lot of garlic-peeper (I love garlic) and liquified the Rotel. DELISH!
Love this recipe just as written. I have taken it to church potlucks several times and there is never any left over.
Turned out great. My first attempt at an actual meal and I managed to get it right. This recipe is very helpful, and tastes amazing.