Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I decided to refer to my cookbook collection to find a tasty meal last night and this was the ticket. Richard prepared it and was tickled ppink with how well it turned out. We made 4 large breasts so we used some more oil than called for and cooked them slowly so they wouldn't burn etc. This came from my Favorite brand Name Best-Loved Recipies cookbook. This tasted like rice a roni with moist chicken... yummy!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 lb)
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 2 cups MINUTE White Rice (uncooked)
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese
- heat oil in a large skillet on med hi heat..
- add chicken cover.
- cook 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through
- Remove chicken from skillet.
- add soup and water to skillet
- stir and bring to a boil.
- stir in rice and 1 c of velveeta.
- top with chicken.
- sprinkle with remaining velveeta
- cover and cook on low heat 5 minutes.
Obviously this isn't gourmet or the healthiest of foods either, but it is simple. I just made this in my electric skillet and it was awesome only having to dirty one thing. I prefer these skillet type recipes over the ones you bake because they are much more simple. The only thing I changed was that I added garlic and onion powder. I'm sure everyone will season to their own taste. <br/>I will make this again because it was very simple and quick!
This is a great baseline to give you a start to your meal. I tweaked it a bit though. Instead of Minute Rice, I used Basmati rice and cooked it in chicken broth, then instead of Cream of Chicken, I used more chicken broth. I added sliced carrots to the skillet along with minced onion, garlic and parsley. Salt and pepper to taste. :) It was very good, but next time I'm going to back off the cheese just a tad. Or maybe add milk.
I added some garlic pepper,thyme, salt and parsley to my chicken while it was cooking! Was delicious! Great recipe!