Recipe by rusted_essence
I decided to refer to my cookbook collection to find a tasty meal last night and this was the ticket. Richard prepared it and was tickled ppink with how well it turned out. We made 4 large breasts so we used some more oil than called for and cooked them slowly so they wouldn't burn etc. This came from my Favorite brand Name Best-Loved Recipies cookbook. This tasted like rice a roni with moist chicken... yummy!
Top Review by Patricia S.
Beautiful and easy. Needed a last minute that was both hearty and didn't take a lot of ingredients. I think this will freeze well, too, which is superb! So glad I happened upon this, and I took the advice of one who added rosemary. I added thyme and rosemary to the soup. Delicious. I cooked regular rice and added 2 cups cooked rice as I don't usually have minute rice on hand. Rice was cooked with a little coriander and I added a can of sliced carrots at the end.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 lb)
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 2 cups MINUTE White Rice (uncooked)
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- heat oil in a large skillet on med hi heat..
- add chicken cover.
- cook 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through
- Remove chicken from skillet.
- add soup and water to skillet
- stir and bring to a boil.
- stir in rice and 1 c of velveeta.
- top with chicken.
- sprinkle with remaining velveeta
- cover and cook on low heat 5 minutes.