Prep 2 mins
Cook 3 mins
I just love this simple velvety smooth cheese sauce--it's so easy, cheesy and good! Yummy drizzled over cooked broccoli or cauliflower, or just about anything. Enjoy! Note: Measurements are approximate, use more or less to taste. As the cheese sauce cools, it will thicken; gently reheat to serve (you can whisk in a small amount of milk or water, if needed).
- 1 cup diced Velveeta cheese (or American cheese slices)
- 2 -3 tablespoons canned evaporated milk (more or less to taste, or use regular milk)
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder (optional)
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1 dash onion powder (optional)
- Microwave the cheese and milk (plus the dry mustard, Tabasco or onion powder, if using) in a microwave safe dish on high.
- Stir well at 30 second intervals, until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth and creamy (about 2 to 3 minutes total--you may need to add more milk, as desired).
- Serve hot over cooked cauliflower or broccoli (or your favorite vegetable). Enjoy!
Thanks for the recipe. It was just the one I was looking for. We enjoyed it fifty years ago and will have it again tonight. Great sauce!
I made this on 5/03/08 to top off some chili dogs.I know it's for veggies,but I decided to think outside the box.And this makes a great chili dog sauce.Since I didn't need the full amount,only half was made.I did add about 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder and about 1/8 teaspoon of onion powder. With the amounts of seasonings I listed it made the perfect cheese sauce.This will be made again.Thanks for posting and, "Keep Smiling :)"
I love!!! this sauce; it really stays with the cauliflower, due to its thickness. So easy to make, too. THX, Becky! It's a definite keeper.