Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Cauliflower and broccoli never had it so good! --- the amounts stated makes a huge amount if desired the ingredients may be reduced by half --- for cheese sauce with a kick add in some Tabasco or cayenne pepper, of coarse this cheese sauce may be used with just about anything!
Top Review by Kat's Mom
We really enjoyed how this made the Velveeta much more creamy. However, we found the addition of the sugar didn't compliment the caulflower and would leave it out the next time.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups half-and-half cream or 2 cups 18% table cream
- 3 cups cubed Velveeta cheese (cubed about 1 inch)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- black pepper (or to taste) (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- paprika, for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan; remove from heat.
- Blend in the flour until smooth using a wire whisk.
- Return to heat; gradually whisk in the half and half cream; bring to a light boil, keep whisking until the mixture is smooth.
- Add in the cubed Velveeta, and contine to mix with a spoon until cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Add in the sugar, salt and pepper; mix until combined.
- Pour over the veggies JUST prior to serving.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Note: this recipe may be cut in half if desired.