Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
All I can say is YUM!...potatoes with melted cheese...just can't get any better, this is sooooo good! (prep time doesn't include boiling potatoes)
- 10 medium potatoes, cooked and diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1⁄2 lb Velveeta cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 3 slices white bread, torn in pieces
- Set oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked and cubed potatoes, onions and bread pieces
- Transfer to a greased casserole dish
- In the microwave, melt butter and cheese together, stirring to combine pour the cheese/butter mixture over the casserole
- Bake 45 minutes, or until bubbly, hot and lightly browned.
yumm cheese and potatoes very good easy side dish
This was a good dish, but it did take a while to make. Next time I will add more bread and put some cubes of Velveeta throughout, as it wasn't as cheesy as I had anticipated. It also made a lot more than I thought it would. But it was a very filling dish, thank you!
I thought these were very good but my picky kids didn't like them. Total Fat 39.6g 61%, so if you're looking for a healthier dish this isn't the one!