Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 lb butter or 1 lb margarine
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese
- 1 cup cocoa
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 lbs powdered sugar
- 1 -2 cup nuts
- Slowly melt butter and Velveeta.
- Can be done in microwave. Add cocoa and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Add powdered sugar and nuts.
- Mix well.
- This will be very stiff.
- The last pound of powdered sugar may need to be added and mixed by hand.
- Pour into buttered cookie sheet or 2 (9 x 13-inch) cake pans.
- This makes about 6 pounds of very creamy and delicious fudge. Stores well.
I have had to make this fudge dozens of times since the first time. It is so easy, fast and tastes wonderful.
This recipe is really sweet, but it came out great! I cut the recipe in half. I also left out the nuts (I'm a chocolate purist :-P), and did the melting stove-top. But it was super easy to make, and it poured into my pan and formed perfectly. I didn't grease the pan (no need the fudge is so oily). Great easy recipe; thanks for sharing! UPDATE: the photo I uploaded shows just HOW GREASY this fudge is when it "cures". I blame the Velveeta itself for that. BUT it was a hit at my work party and everyone liked it. I did notice, however, that, to me, I could taste the "shortcut" flavor. It didn't quite have the made-from-scratch essence. But for quick fudge, it was good.
To me fudge is way to sweet!But, everyone in my family loves it!I really think that this one is one of my favorites to make.It is so easy.I made it this year and everybody asked me for the recipe.I defintly think this one is a keeper!