Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 lb butter or 1 lb margarine
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese
- 1 cup cocoa
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 lbs powdered sugar
- 1 -2 cup nuts
- Slowly melt butter and Velveeta.
- Can be done in microwave. Add cocoa and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Add powdered sugar and nuts.
- Mix well.
- This will be very stiff.
- The last pound of powdered sugar may need to be added and mixed by hand.
- Pour into buttered cookie sheet or 2 (9 x 13-inch) cake pans.
- This makes about 6 pounds of very creamy and delicious fudge. Stores well.
I have had to make this fudge dozens of times since the first time. It is so easy, fast and tastes wonderful.
This has been in the fridge for hrs and although I buttered the sheet pan it stuck. Then I tried to get it out anyway and it is still too soft to get out without squishing it. Followed recipe to t. How long does it take to dry out before I can take it out of the pan. I have had 2 shoulder surgeries so you can imagine how hard this was for me as well as money invested This was going to be gifted. It can fail in my opinion. Taste ok
This recipe is really sweet, but it came out great! I cut the recipe in half. I also left out the nuts (I'm a chocolate purist :-P), and did the melting stove-top. But it was super easy to make, and it poured into my pan and formed perfectly. I didn't grease the pan (no need the fudge is so oily). Great easy recipe; thanks for sharing! UPDATE: the photo I uploaded shows just HOW GREASY this fudge is when it "cures". I blame the Velveeta itself for that. BUT it was a hit at my work party and everyone liked it. I did notice, however, that, to me, I could taste the "shortcut" flavor. It didn't quite have the made-from-scratch essence. But for quick fudge, it was good.