Recipe by bmcnichol
My family enjoys this side dish.
Top Review by Allison W.
I did tweak the recipe a bit, it still turned out so yummy! I sautéed the onions in with a bunch of butter and onion powder. I mixed the milk in with the velveeta cheese block in a separate pot so it melted without burning, then mixed all the ingredients together. I used 1 can of the combo cream of mushroom and cream of chicken soup and a can of celery soup. I put a little sharp cheddar cheese on top so when it bakes it comes out pretty ?
- 453.59 g bag frozen broccoli
- 118.29 ml onion
- 290.58 g can cream of mushroom soup (I use Recipe #425183) or 290.58 g can cream of celery soup (I use Recipe #425183) or 290.58 g can cream of chicken soup (I use Cream of Anything Soup Mix)
- 236.59 ml milk
- 226.79 g Velveeta cheese
- 709.77 ml cooked rice (I use brown rice)
- 2.46 ml pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray and preheat oven to 350°F.
- Saute onion until soft and translucent.
- Cook broccoli in boiling water for about ten minutes or until almost tender; drain very well.
- Mix all ingredients and place in baking dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes.