Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
My family enjoys this side dish.
Make and share this Velveeta Broccoli Rice Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (I use Recipe #425183) or 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup (I use Recipe #425183) or 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (I use Cream of Anything Soup Mix)
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 lb Velveeta cheese
- 3 cups cooked rice (I use brown rice)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Spray a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray and preheat oven to 350°F.
- Saute onion until soft and translucent.
- Cook broccoli in boiling water for about ten minutes or until almost tender; drain very well.
- Mix all ingredients and place in baking dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
Oh MyGarsh. I'm Have to post an appology, And will admit I AM BLIND.....<br/>the Temperature I complained about in an earlier post?....IS right in the Step #1 at the end of line. I am so, so sorry folks. My Bad. Enjoy the recipies Everyone.
Yum! This recipe differed from my tried and true recipe, so I thought I would give it a shot and I do believe I now have a NEW tried and true recipe! I did use the variation that PinkLady suggested, and it turned out fabulous! Thanks for sharing!
This is a family favorite comfort food for me growing up, so I had to change the recipe to suit my taste:
-nixed the onion
-used two cans of cream of mushroom (instead of one)
-and mixed 1/2 c milk to one can cream of mushroom pouring in one can at a time