Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found on a box of Velveeta Original.
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons chopped onions
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 lb Velveeta cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 (10 ounce) packagechopped frozen broccoli, thawed and drained
- Melt butter in medium saucepan on medium-high heat. Add onions; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Whisk in flour until blended.
- Add broth and milk; cook on medium-high heat 2 minutes or until heated through, stirring frequently. Add Velveeta and broccoli; cook and stir 5 minutes or until Velveeta is melted and broccoli is heated through.
Absolutely delicious! I did end up adding more valveeta (about a cup) because I had a little extra. I also used homemade chicken broth, about 4 cups. I think I'll cut the broccoli smaller. Great base recipe tho.