- 1 quart diced celery
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 cups broth or 2 cups milk or 2 cups water
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 quarts bread, cubes firmly packed
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook celery and onion in butter or margarine over low head, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender but not brown.
- Meanwhile, blend bread cubes and seasonings.
- Add celery, onion and butter or margarine; toss lightly to blend.
- Pour the broth, milk or water gradually over the surface of bread mixture, tossing lightly.
- Bake in 325 degree oven 45 minutes, until browned on top.