Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A Namibian bread recipe , taken from celtnet.org and posted for ZWT7
- 50 g butter
- 450 g wholemeal flour
- 20 g baking powder
- 50 g brown sugar
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 1.23 ml ground cloves
- 1.62 ml allspice
- 150 ml skim milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4.92 ml vegetable oil
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Mix-in the sugar and spiced then add the butter. Rub the butter into the mixture until it comes to resemble fine breadcrumb.
- Form a well in the centre and add the milk and egg. Mix the ingredients together into a stiff dough and tip onto a floured board.
- Knead the dough for 10 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Grease the inside of a 900g loaf tin with oil and place the dough in this.
- Cook for 45 minutes in an oven pre-heated to 200°C Like any bread the loaf should sound hollow when tapped.