Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
AAAHHHH. Comfort food... My favorite "sitting by the TV doing nothing while slurping up yummy noodles" meal. I like my veggies pretty crunchy so the cooking time is maybe 15 minutes. This also makes for a great work lunch. Heat it up in the microwave at work and all your coworkers will hate you. It smells amazing.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped ginger
- sesame oil
- sunflower oil
- 1 purple onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 sweet red pepper strips
- 1⁄2 yellow sweet pepper, strips
- 1⁄2 sweet green pepper strip
- 1⁄2 courgette
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1 cup sugar snap pea
- 1 cup mushroom, cut in quarters
- 1⁄2 cup oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- garlic powder
- finely chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup coriander leaves (fresh)
- 1 dash sesame oil
- quick cooking Chinese egg noodles
- Cut the vegetables as big or as little as you like.
- I like chunky stir fries so I keep the pieces pretty big.
- In a Wok over med-high heat, saute the onion and garlic in a few teaspoons of sesame oil and sunflower oil.
- Once the onion and garlic are softened, add the purple onion and the peppers.
- Saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add the courgette, broccoli, peas, and mushrooms.
- Add ground black pepper and salt lightly, this will bring out the natural juices.
- Add the oyster sauce and soy sauce.
- Stir into the ingredients and lower the heat to med-low.
- Cover and wait for about 4-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle lightly with sesame oil and stir.
- Add a few dashes of cayenne pepper and garlic powder.
- Follow the instructions for the egg noodles.
- Usually you only need to put them in boiling water, not on a flame, for about 4 minutes.
- Combine the egg noodles with the stirfry.
- Garnish with green onions and coriander.
It was a very easy and tasty dish to make. I used only onion, garlic, ginger and carrots and green pepper instead of red pepper and it still turned out quite good. Ingrid Thank you for sharing this recipe. I will be making this recipe again for me and my husband very soon! Rgds Monisha
Delicious! Veggies can be washed and chopped the night before to save even more time with this ultra quick dish. Nice, basic soy/oyster sauce combo. Don't overcook veggies, make sure they stay tender-crisp for the best flavor. I used refrigerated Asian noodles that are similar to a spaghetti. Yum. (And for any Americans- courgette=zucchini) :)
An excellent, quick and easy, very good tasting meal.