Recipe by IngridNL
AAAHHHH. Comfort food... My favorite "sitting by the TV doing nothing while slurping up yummy noodles" meal. I like my veggies pretty crunchy so the cooking time is maybe 15 minutes. This also makes for a great work lunch. Heat it up in the microwave at work and all your coworkers will hate you. It smells amazing.
Top Review by monishao
It was a very easy and tasty dish to make. I used only onion, garlic, ginger and carrots and green pepper instead of red pepper and it still turned out quite good. Ingrid Thank you for sharing this recipe. I will be making this recipe again for me and my husband very soon! Rgds Monisha
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped ginger
- sesame oil
- sunflower oil
- 1 purple onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 sweet red pepper strips
- 1⁄2 yellow sweet pepper, strips
- 1⁄2 sweet green pepper strip
- 1⁄2 courgette
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1 cup sugar snap pea
- 1 cup mushroom, cut in quarters
- 1⁄2 cup oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- garlic powder
- finely chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup coriander leaves (fresh)
- 1 dash sesame oil
- quick cooking Chinese egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the vegetables as big or as little as you like.
- I like chunky stir fries so I keep the pieces pretty big.
- In a Wok over med-high heat, saute the onion and garlic in a few teaspoons of sesame oil and sunflower oil.
- Once the onion and garlic are softened, add the purple onion and the peppers.
- Saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add the courgette, broccoli, peas, and mushrooms.
- Add ground black pepper and salt lightly, this will bring out the natural juices.
- Add the oyster sauce and soy sauce.
- Stir into the ingredients and lower the heat to med-low.
- Cover and wait for about 4-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle lightly with sesame oil and stir.
- Add a few dashes of cayenne pepper and garlic powder.
- Follow the instructions for the egg noodles.
- Usually you only need to put them in boiling water, not on a flame, for about 4 minutes.
- Combine the egg noodles with the stirfry.
- Garnish with green onions and coriander.