Recipe by COOKGIRl
Ahoy Maties! Taken from familyfun.com. For vegetarian version, sub egg salad for the tuna salad. *WARNING*: in hot weather make sure to keep these snacks refrigerated up until it's time to eat to avoid food poisoning.
- 6 pickling cucumbers, cut in half lengthwise, scoop out to make hollow
- 6 roma tomatoes, scoop out to make hollow
- yellow bell peppers (try to find the "baby" bells) or purple bell peppers (try to find the "baby" bells) or red bell pepper, remove seeds and membrane (try to find the "baby" bells)
- prepared egg salad or tuna salad
- 12 carrot sticks or 12 pieces jicama or 12 celery ribs
- 12 lettuce leaves
- 12 slices cheese
- goldfish crackers
Directions See How It's Made
- BOAT: Fill the little sailboat (ex: pickling cucumber, Roma tomato, and/or bell pepper-your choice) with egg salad or tuna salad.
- MAST: Push one end of a carrot, jicama or celery stick mast into the salad and set a triangle-shaped sail of bell pepper, lettuce, or cheese next to the stick.
- Arrange the vegie snacks on a sea blue plate scattered with fish-shaped crackers. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- ~Tasty~ reminds you to wear sunscreen!