Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Serve this delicious mixture of new potatoes, fresh spinach and a little bacon topped with a creamy blue cheese Hollandaise sauce for a quick supper or lunch dish. For speed, use a ready made sauce, and just add the blue cheese.
- 1⁄2 lb potato (new, all small sized, washed but not peeled)
- 3 ounces pancetta or 3 ounces streaky bacon, diced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 cup fresh Baby Spinach
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 cup hollandaise sauce (Use a packet or ready made variety for convenience)
- 1 (125 g) package blue cheese (traditional)
- Cut potatoes into halves or quarters depending on size, cook in boiling salted water.
- Meanwhile, in a large frying pan, fry the bacon bits then add the pine nuts and sauté them until just golden.
- Make up the sauce as directed and stir in three quarters of the blue cheese.
- Once potatoes are cooked, drain and add to the pan with the butter and the the spinach, stirring constantly to just wilt the spinach.
- Quarter the eggs, add to the spinach mixture with the remaining blue cheese, crumbled.
- Then divide between four individual dishes or place in a large serving dish. Pour the sauce over the top and serve.