Recipe by Karina A
My kids love black beans and rice, but hate vegetables. Little do they know there are more veggies in this recipe than beans! :)
Top Review by Cookworm
We loved this. The lime and cilantro really zest this up. Using the food processor made prep for this a cinch. Served over white rice with corn pudding on the side. A very lovely meal, and using beans makes it great for the budget. Thank you.
- 2 (878.83 g) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2-4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 709.77 ml Baby Spinach
- 1 carrot, sliced and chopped
- 1-1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 236.59 ml broccoli
- 0 red onion
- 59.14-118.29 ml cilantro, depending on your taste. can substitute with basil
- 29.58 ml olive oil, separate 1 1/2 tbsp and 1/2 tbsp
- 29.58 ml lime juice
- 14.79 ml tomato paste
- 7.39 ml paprika
- sea salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain and rinse the black beans in a colander.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp of oil in large, deep skillet or large pot and add black beans. Simmer on low to medium heat for 5 minutes.
- While beans are simmering, puree vegetables, olive oil, lime juice and paprika in blender or food processor, until smooth.
- Fill can of beans with water twice, and add to beans.
- Add vegetable puree and tomato paste to beans and cook on med-high heat for 15-20 minutes, until sauce is a medium thick consistency.
- Pour beans over white or brown rice, and serve.