Karina A's Note:
My kids love black beans and rice, but hate vegetables. Little do they know there are more veggies in this recipe than beans! :)
My Private Note
pot of ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 3 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 carrot, sliced and chopped
- 1/2-1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/4-1/2 cup cilantro, depending on your taste. can substitute with basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, separate 1 1/2 tbsp and 1/2 tbsp
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- sea salt and pepper
- 1Drain and rinse the black beans in a colander.
- 2Heat 1/2 tbsp of oil in large, deep skillet or large pot and add black beans. Simmer on low to medium heat for 5 minutes.
- 3While beans are simmering, puree vegetables, olive oil, lime juice and paprika in blender or food processor, until smooth.
- 4Fill can of beans with water twice, and add to beans.
- 5Add vegetable puree and tomato paste to beans and cook on med-high heat for 15-20 minutes, until sauce is a medium thick consistency.
- 6Pour beans over white or brown rice, and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veggies! Latin Black Beans
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 332.7
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 82.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.8 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 17.0 g