Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a scrumptious, out of the ordinary sandwich, that will tickle your taste buds! Popular in England, Scandinavia, and all over the USA (especially California)
- 2 slices whole wheat bread or 2 slices rye bread, thick
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 6 slices cucumbers
- 2 tablespoons alfalfa sprouts
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 leaf lettuce (or spinach)
- 2 tablespoons pepperoncini peppers, sliced
- 1⁄2 avocado, sliced
- Spread each slice of bread with 1 tablespoon cream cheese.
- On one slice of bread, arrange cucumber slices in a single layer.
- Cover with sprouts, then sprinkle with oil and vinegar.
- Layer tomato slices, lettuce, and pepperoncini.
- Spread other slice of bread with sliced avocado.
- Close sandwich and serve immediately.
Very good sandwich! I only wish my tomato was "in season", then it would probably have blown me away. Loving avocados right now, and that is what drew me to the recipe. Delicious! Thanks for sharing! Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Tag.
Yummy...my favourite kind of sandwich...the cream cheese is a great idea...I just put whatever fresh veggies I had in my fridge, which fortunately right now is quite an assortment. MMMmmm....can't wait to have another one. I'll have to grow some sprouts for this time around!
I love this sammie. For the simple reason that I have all these ingreidents on hand this time of year. I did omit the avocado bc they're so terribly expensive in the store right now. I toasted by bread also. Great recipe!!!!