Recipe by Baking Bunny
This is a very delicious way to get your vegetables! This was the one meal my dad could get me to eat veggies as a child, and now I make it for my own family! My son has multiple food allergies so the only change I make for him is to use dairy free margarine and gluten free soy (and teriyaki) sauce.
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 16 ounces frozen peas and carrots (mixed)
- 3 cups water
- 2 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 16 ounces chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Put a medium pot on med/high heat and coat with olive oil.
- Pour 3 cups of water over oil, and empty tomato paste into pot.
- Wait until the paste becomes smooth, add bag of carrots and peas, and chopped potatoes. Cover.
- In a small saucepan put butter, garlic, and coriander over med heat and cook until browned (about 2 min).
- Add garlic mixture to veggie mix and stir, replacing cover.
- Pour olive oil into large sauce pan, and put on med/high. Put chicken in pan, as well as lemon juice, soy sauce, and teriyaki. Cover.
- In 7 minutes, flip chicken and recover.
- In 4-8 minutes, veggies and chicken should be ready to serve. Veggies best served over brown rice with a side of pita bread.