Recipe by wonderflosity
The spicy peanut sauce makes a fantastic dip for anything, including sweet potato wedges if you leave it a little thicker (use less hot water). You can also use the sauce just to top steamed veggies, or in a stir fry.
- pad Thai rice noodles
- 500 g firm tofu
- 1⁄2 head broccoli, steamed
- 1 cup yellow beans or 1 cup green beans, steamed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup natural-style peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 bunch of chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 lime, juice and zest of
- 1⁄2 tablespoon minced garlic
- hot water
Directions See How It's Made
- For sauce:.
- Blend all ingredients together in a food processor/blender.
- You are adding the hot water to thin it out as much as you would like.
- Adjust soy sauce and lime to taste. I actually use about 1/4 of a lime's worth of zest and juice.
- For the rest:.
- Boil 3 cups of water. Take pot off heat.
- Soak noodles in water for 5 mins, then rinse under cold water for 30 seconds.
- While noodles are cooking, steam your veggies, and drain your tofu.
- Heat a skillet on low to medium and add vegetable oil and scramble your tofu and heat until warmed through.
- Then add in veggies, noodles and sauce. Mix until sauce is warmed through.