Chef #437797's Note:
The spicy peanut sauce makes a fantastic dip for anything, including sweet potato wedges if you leave it a little thicker (use less hot water). You can also use the sauce just to top steamed veggies, or in a stir fry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- pad Thai rice noodles
- 500 g firm tofu
- 1/2 head broccoli, steamed
- 1 cup yellow beans or 1 cup green beans, steamed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1For sauce:.
- 2Blend all ingredients together in a food processor/blender.
- 3You are adding the hot water to thin it out as much as you would like.
- 4Adjust soy sauce and lime to taste. I actually use about 1/4 of a lime's worth of zest and juice.
- 5For the rest:.
- 6Boil 3 cups of water. Take pot off heat.
- 7Soak noodles in water for 5 mins, then rinse under cold water for 30 seconds.
- 8While noodles are cooking, steam your veggies, and drain your tofu.
- 9Heat a skillet on low to medium and add vegetable oil and scramble your tofu and heat until warmed through.
- 10Then add in veggies, noodles and sauce. Mix until sauce is warmed through.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veggies and Rice Noodles Starring a Spicy Peanut Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 381.9
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 307.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 24.8 g