Recipe by WiGal
Healthy, attractive, easy and quick b/c it uses the microwave. Fits a busy empty nester life style:)
Top Review by loof
Outstanding! Easy to make, quick, and healthy - you can't beat that! I used fresh chopped parsley instead of the cilantro. This made 2 generous servings and we loved it - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for the Best of 2011 event, recommended by mersaydees
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash bottled hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 cup spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup couscous, quick cooking
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 1 quart microwave safe casserole stir together broth, carrot, red pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and bottled hot pepper sauce.
- Microwave, covered, on 100% for 2 to 3 minutes or until carrots are just tender, stirring once.
- Stir in spinach, couscous, and lemon juice.
- Cook, covered, on high for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes more or until spinach is just wilted and couscous has absorbed liquid. Stir in tomatoes, Parmesan, and cilantro.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Let stand, covered, 1 minute or until cheese is melted.