Recipe by Sharon123
The quinoa adds such a fun texture, soaking up all the flavors and goodness of this chili. It’s also loaded with kidney beans, black beans, tons of veggies and just enough lime juice to give you a subtle kick. Plus, this batch will make enough to feed an army so it’ll keep you and your family well fed for days! From Damn Delicious.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder (or more)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn kernels
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium high heat. Add garlic and onion, and cook, stirring frequently, until onions have become translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in quinoa, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, green chiles, chili powder, cumin, paprika, sugar, cayenne pepper, coriander and 1-2 cups water, making sure to cover most of the ingredients; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer, covered, until thickened, about 30 minutes. Stir in beans, corn, cilantro and lime juice until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately with avocado, if desired.