Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This caught my eye since I learned that walnuts have important omega-3 essential fatty acids (EFA) -- which is great for someone who doesn't eat fish! Found in "The Accidental Vegan" by Devra Gartenstein
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 8 -10 button mushrooms
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups carrots or 2 cups green beans or 2 cups zucchini or 2 cups broccoli or 2 cups cauliflower or 2 cups squash (precooked) or 2 cups red peppers or 2 cups green peppers
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- sea salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a blend, mix all ingredients except olive oil and lemon juice to the consistency of coarse bread crumbs.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet.
- Saute the blended ingredients in the oil for 6-8 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Serve and enjoy.